Things That You Should NOT Do After Flooding
Here are some simple things that you should avoid doing if there is flooding in your home:
- Don't use your television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove any water.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors their dyes could transfer to the carpet.
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place, they are the perfect place for molds to grow. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave valuables in the home without letting the technicians note them in your job file.
SERVPRO of Palm Desert will be out quickly to begin removing the water from the places that it shouldn’t be but doing these few things will keep you safe and make the dry out go more quickly.